Up to £57,000 p/a + Bonus + Pension
Full time, Permanent
West Midlands (Hybrid)
Hamilton Woods Associates are working with an exclusive client based in the West Midlands that are expanding within their broad finance team. The VAT Accountant works across multiple disciplines and functions due to the nature of this multi-faceted business.
This role will manage the VAT return submissions and reconciliations for the team and will have overall responsibility for the timely submission of circa 21 legal entities VAT returns (including corresponding payments to local authorities), completion of tax returns and payments as well as the related balance sheet account reconciliations for VAT and Tax, intrastats reporting and other regulatory reporting required locally. The role will manage through the team related queries associated with the above responsibilities and act as a key contact between the business and external authorities and auditors to resolve queries and issues. As such, the role will need to be customer focused and will need to drive efficiency and quality improvements to ensure operational excellence and continuous improvement.
Job Responsibilities and Qualifications:
- Managing circa 21 entity VAT returns (including monthly, quarterly, bi-monthly and one annual), including 15 AIG returns, and corresponding preparation of paperwork for payment
- Managing the preparation and review of balance sheet reconciliations
- Managing intrastats reporting and other regulatory reporting
- Key point of contact between the business and local authorities – manage the relationship with tax team.
- Managing the relationship with external auditors
- Introduction of common processes, to drive efficiency and quality improvements within team.
- Involvement in other adhoc projects as and when required.
- A relevant professional accounting qualification (ACCA, CIMA, ACA).
- Provide examples of multi-national VAT preparation & review
- Intrastat reporting experience
- Be able to demonstrate experience of VAT advise to other European countries.
If you would like to apply for this VAT Accountant role, please get in contact with your CV attached to email@example.com