Level 1 -2 SEN Teaching Assistant
Location: Quidenham, Norwich
Salary: Actual salary £20,369.51 – £21,012.94 dependent on experience
Hourly rate: £11.40 – £11.76 per hour
Hours: 40 hours per week – Term Time only – Monday – Friday – 8.30am – 4.30pm (5pm on Thursday, extra half hour taken off on another day)
School Staffing Solutions are recruiting on behalf of a Special Needs School in Quidenham, Norwich who are looking for a Teaching Assistant. The school provides day placements for students aged 11 to 16 years primarily with communication and interaction difficulties or specific learning difficulties such as dyslexia. Some may be on the autistic spectrum or have anxieties and difficulties that create barriers to learning.
The purpose of the Teaching Assistant is to support the children with their learning and care whilst in school and other settings. As well as developing and delivering personalised learning, you will work with colleagues to support pupils with their daily routines, transitions and positive behaviour management.
- To establish a warm, caring and supportive relationship with pupils in order to support them feeling safe and enabling them to enjoy and learn during their time at the School.
- To promote and encourage independence and personal development in pupils and maintain high expectations of behaviour at all times.
- To contribute to providing high quality, challenging and differentiated educational activities and experiences through supporting the teaching of a broad and balanced curriculum aiming at pupils achieving their full potential in all areas of learning.
- Support the Class Teacher in all areas of the day to day running of the class
- To respond to the varying and changing needs of the school and adapt to any task presented to achieve the smooth running of the school.
- To promote pupils’ cognitive, social, emotional, behavioural, physical development and spiritual well-being.
- Demonstrate a proven ability to work collaboratively within a multi-professional team.
- GCSE Maths and English Language qualification minimum Grade 4 or equivalent is essential.
- Level 2 – 3 Teaching Assistant Qualification (or working towards).
- Understanding of the Safeguarding principles and Child Protection procedures.
- Knowledge and experience of pupils with SEMH, ASD.
*****Due to the location of the school, candidates must hold a full UK driving licence and have access to their own vehicle.
What’s in it for you?
Be part of our successful team and also benefit from a generous package that includes:
- Life assurance and Pension
- Perkbox – offering high street discounts
- Employee assistance programme
- Car lease scheme
- Fully funded training and qualifications
- Bike to work scheme
- Free membership to our Health cash back
To apply for this exciting role please send your cv today!