Head of Financial Reporting
£75,000 – £80,000 p/a + 10% Bonus + Pension
West Midlands (Hybrid working)
Hamilton Woods Associates are working with an exclusive client based in the West Midlands that are expanding within their broad finance team. The Head of Financial Reporting works across multiple disciplines and functions due to the nature of this multi-faceted business.
The Head of Financial Reporting will lead the Regional Consolidation and Reporting team while managing and coordinating the month and quarter-end closing processes for the International region. In addition, this role will be responsible for the coordination of the monthly and quarterly submissions of the Income Statement, Balance Sheet, and Cash flow to Corporate headquarters. This role will be a primary contact point for Corporate, Internal, and External auditors.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Ability to drive positive leadership while supporting the finance team
- Building a positive relationship with the consolidation team that fosters collaboration and knowledge sharing to drive continuous improvement
- Responsible for the review and issuing of the International region cashflow, International region Preliminary Sales Reports and draft International region Actuals Reports
- Responsible for coordinating all International region loads into Onestream and controlling all late International region loads into Onestream.
- Responsible for ongoing peer review of balance sheet reconciliation work being carried out throughout the region.
- Strong focus on analytical review of the reporting packs, ensuring more valuable information is provided to the business in a timely manner.
- Liaise with business to understand their reporting requirements, ensuring relevant information is included in the issued reports.
- Responsible for coordinating all International region quarterly reports to Corporate headquarters.
- Responsible for the SOX controls over the month-end close process.
- Involvement in other ad hoc projects as and when required support the Finance Director.
- A relevant professional accounting qualification (ACCA, ACA)
- Good knowledge of consolidation account reporting, and the month-end close process. US GAAP and SOX knowledge would be an advantage
- Knowledge of Onestream and SAP to identify and resolve queries and review consolidation information would be an advantage
- Excellent people management skills are required to liaise with other finance and non-finance teams in both the International and other regional locations regarding base loads, consolidation requirements etc.
- Experience of continuous improvement to processes
- Excellent customer-focused skills