Are you an experienced Mechanically biased Engineer? Looking for a new role within Manufacturing that offers support & progression? Do you pride yourself on attention to detail?
Our client, a market leading Food Manufacturer are looking to recruit a Mechanical Engineer to join their team based in Dartmouth Way, Leeds.
As a Mechanical Engineer you will be responsible for planned maintenance, breakdowns, and size changes to include guidance of the production equipment on site.
Working hours as a Mechanical Engineer are Monday to Friday, 06:00 – 14:00.
Responsibilities of a Mechanical Engineer will include:
- Providing general maintenance for all production related equipment
- Ensuring all PPM’s are completed on time as part of your KPI’s Targets
- Ensuring requests for Size changes are completed in a satisfactory time period
- Actioning the maintenance associated in the provision of equipment
- Managing contractors associated with the maintenance and repairs of all equipment when required to do so
- Ensuring compliance to all aspects of the company health and safety policy with specific regard to the management of contractors
- Ensuring compliance to all aspects of the Company Quality Policy and GMP with specific regard to the management of contractors
- Ensuring that all statutory and regulatory checks are carried out as per the service agreements and schedules in place for all production equipment
- Providing front line engineering support to the manufacturing operations following the Company rules on Health and Safety, Quality and Engineering Procedures
- Completing stores requisitions for parts and services. k. To continually monitor plant conditions and report defects
- Maintaining a detailed log of all work carried out on plant using the appropriate Company systems
- Ensuring that the Company is professionally represented at all times, both inside and outside the business
- Protecting the health, safety and welfare of yourself and others at all times
- Taking an active role in continuously developing your skills and knowledge through self-development activities and/or through attending Company organised training and development opportunities
- Responding to ad hoc requests and/or take an active role in specific projects as directed by your line manager
- Undertaking any other reasonable duties as may from time to time be required by the Company
Skills required as a Mechanical Engineer:
- Good knowledge of pneumatics
- Machining on lathe & milling machines
- Welding skillset in TIG
- Experience of planning
- Good bench fitting skillset
- Previous experience working as a Mechanical Engineer is required.
- Previous experience working within Manufacturing is required
Major Recruitment are an employment agency working on behalf of our client. Should you be seeking a new permanent position, temporary assignment, or contract you will find our staff professional and courteous and our interview process straight forward