MAINTENANCE ENGINEER –
Temporary or Temp to Perm
Major recruitment are now looking to recruit a Maintenance Engineer to join the team of a busy manufacturing business.
40 Hours Per week
Monday – Thursday 07:00- 17:00
An ideal opportunity for an experienced multi-skilled maintenance/mechanical engineer. Must be self-motivated, and able to work independently. You will be conversant with all aspects of plant and machinery maintenance within a manufacturing environment, both preventative and reactive. Applicants must be enthusiastic and able to work well in a team environment. You will demonstrate a proactive attitude and a strong commitment to health and safety & the environment.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Carry out day-to-day PPM on plant and machinery and react to breakdowns or defects and undertake general repairs of auxiliary equipment as necessary.
- Ensure work is completed in a safe and timely manner and where required, details of work carried out and faults found are reported to the relevant manager and recorded on the relevant system. Suggestions for improvements welcomed.
- Carry out daily checks in and around plant and machinery in accordance with procedures.
- Use the data provided by the machine monitoring systems to identify production performance issues and improve running efficiencies.
- Report any defects to a manager immediately.
- Ensure sufficient parts are available to continue efficiently before commencing work.
- Work effectively with contractors when servicing equipment or undertaking repairs or modifications as necessary.
- Ensure work areas are always kept clean and tools are kept in a good condition.
- Follow both the company’s Health and Safety and Environmental policies.
- Perform other factory maintenance tasks when required.
- Perform other tasks as may be reasonably required.
Knowledge, Experience, Competence
- Time served maintenance and/or mechanical engineer or fitter.
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrate competence when carrying out tasks.
- Good communicator and team player.
- Forward-thinking and an effective problem-solver.
- I.T skills, working with spreadsheets would be an advantage.
- A good understanding of the safety critical nature of plant and machinery and safe working practices.
- Free parking on site
- 6 weeks holiday (mainly at factory shutdowns)
- Auto enrolment pension scheme (after 3 months)
- Company events