NPI Quality Engineer
Are you an experienced NPI Quality Engineer? Do you have experience in the automotive industry?
Major Recruitment, in partnership with Polytec Group, are looking to recruit a NPI Quality Engineer on a permanent basis to join the team based in Telford.
As a NPI Quality Engineer you will be responsible for the delivery of new product designs, from the concept stage through to finished products ready for manufacture.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF AN NPI QUALITY ENGINEER:
- Assist (as required) with quality-related issues within the manufacturing team (e.g. internal, supplier, customer and customer warranty)
- Identify root cause and instigate permanent corrective actions for product quality issues
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to resolve quality issues that arise as quickly and efficiently as possible to prevent compromising quality and safety standards
- Carry out product and process auditing
- Ensure control plans and associated documentation are implemented effectively and maintained
- Stop production in the event of manufacture of unacceptable goods/processes
- Ensure compliance and assist with adherence to the Quality Management system (IATF16949/ISO9001)
- Write product test procedures
- Undertake special projects as required
- Assist with training of quality awareness
- Report on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in order to adhere to process and prevent occurrence of any non-conformity relating to product, process or system
- Assist with first off sample approvals
- Promote the use of customer preferred techniques for continuous improvement such as Six-Sigma, Poka-Yoke (Error Proofing), and Measurement System Analysis
- Participate in cross-functional teams in the development of new products or changes related to current products in meeting customer requirements
- Participate in the development and refinement of Design and Process FMEA’s (Failure Mode and Effects Analysis)
- Lead quality audits
- Contribute to continuous improvement activities
- Quality control of work by appropriate reviews (customer concern effectiveness audits)
- Support and lead process improvement activities
- Write reports and present progress at project meetings and to customer base
- Plan projects or subtasks so they may be tracked and presented
- Attend various meetings and action/communicate instructions
SKILLS REQUIRED AS AN NPI QUALITY ENGINEER:
- DipQ or HNC an advantage but not essential
- Proven experience in tier 1 or OEM automotive quality, preferably with at least two years at Quality engineer / senior quality engineer level.
- Experience of multiple OEM’s beneficial – inclusive of JLR and VW Group.
- Extensive audit experience, good working knowledge of IATF16949 and VDA standards. Lead Auditor status preferred
- Previous experience of working within mould, assembly and aesthetic paint is an advantage
- Extensive knowledge of core tools and GD&T principles is essential.
- Strong knowledge of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP / Note Submission), Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA)
Major Recruitment are an employment agency working on behalf of our client. Should you be seeking a new permanent position, temporary assignment, or contract you will find our staff professional and courteous and our interview process straight forward.