Are you an experienced Supervisor? Looking for a new role within Food Manufacturing that offers support & progression? Do you pride yourself on attention to detail?
Our client, a market leading Food Manufacturer are looking to recruit a Production Supervisor to join their team based in Oldford, Frome.
As a Production Supervisor you will optimise the performance of the production department. This work is to be carried out according to planned priorities, Work Instructions, quality, and H&S procedures.
Working hours as a Production Supervisor are Monday to Friday 08:30 – 17:30, however, flexibility is required as hours may vary when covering a Shift Manager.
As a Production Supervisor you will:
- Check all Operators have relevant rules, procedures related to Safety
- Implement an organisation to promote information and training of operators
- Promote good behaviour of Operators, and take into account any remark done to improve the Department organisation, the Safety and Hygiene
- Check equipment conformity and safety rule compliance
- Contribute to Quality Problem analysis, to the definition and implementation of solutions
- Insure Hygiene and Quality procedures are applied
- Update Line work instructions and check application in compliance of Safety, Quality and Hygiene standard
- Participate and propose some product improvement (Raw material, Ingredient, packaging,…) based on NPD files
- Optimise efficiency of the Production Lines
- Identify root cause of the issues
- Participate to daily meeting to check the planned corrective actions are relevant
- Evaluate and reduce wastage on recipe and packaging
- Organise trial in Production (Packaging, Fruit, new recipe)
- Responsible of Packaging
- Organise Level 1 maintenance with a direct coordination with Maintenance Department
- Support Shift Manager with technical and operational expertise
- Optimise energy usage
- Participate to the training, qualification of operators on the Lines and workstations
- Manage organisation and follow up of small improvement project
- Cover of the Shift Manager when required
Skills required as a Production Supervisor:
- Previous experience of working within Food Production environment
- Excellent ability to motivate and engage with people
- Willingness to learn
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and use your own initiative
- Excellent attention to detail
Major Recruitment are an employment agency working on behalf of our client. Should you be seeking a new permanent position, temporary assignment, or contract you will find our staff professional and courteous and our interview process straight forward