Are you an experienced Purchasing Manager with strong negotiation skills? Do you have ‘finished products’ buying expertise gained within the automotive industry?
Major Recruitment are working in partnership with Polytec, a leading automotive manufacture to recruit Purchasing Manager on a permanent basis to join their team based at one of our sites. Telford/Bromyard/Bridgnorth.
As a Purchasing Manager you will hold full responsibility and accountability for the purchase of goods, materials, and services to ensure that the company’s operational needs are met, considering price, quality, and delivery and to ensure continuity of supply. You will also be accountable for the people and budget within the department & business unit.
Key duties of a Purchasing Manager
- Create and review opportunities to implement best practice purchasing policies, processes, and procedures to aid and improve business performance and deliver best value and business savings.
- Ensure purchasing policy, guidelines and any associated documents are in place and updated when required including any alignment required to group policy.
- Utilise appropriate resources including Supplier Development to ensure appropriate supplier partnerships and delivery of sourced products.
- Provide management reports and key performance data and monitor cost savings.
- Manage relationships with suppliers and select and develop new suppliers.
- Review and negotiate existing agreements to optimise commercial terms.
- Work with suppliers and have a process in place to measure effective performance, quality, and compliance.
Skills required as a Purchasing Manager
- Educated to degree level in relevant field
- Member of CIPS – L6 Achieved
- Automotive Purchasing Management (5 Years+)
- Automotive NPI process understanding – this is a compulsory requirement.
- Technical understanding of exterior trim processes
What’s in it for you?
- 33 days holiday (25 + BH)
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Life assurance scheme
- Pension scheme
- Healthcare cash plan
- 40 hrs per week – early finish on a Friday
Major Recruitment are an employment agency working on behalf of our client. Should you be seeking a new permanent position, temporary assignment, or contract you will find our staff professional and courteous and our interview process straight forward.