Location: Darwen, Lancashire
Salary: M1 – UPS2 – £28,000 – £42,131
Hours: 40 hours per week, term time only (Permanent Contract)
What’s on offer:
- Full training (if required) and continued support
- Life assurance and pension
- Health cash back plan
- Bike to work scheme
- Car lease scheme
- Perk box – hundreds of discounts off high street retailers and restaurants
- Free parking
We’re currently looking to recruit an experienced KS1 & 2 SEN Teacher on behalf of a beautiful woodlands surrounded school in Darwen.The School is a ‘Good’ (OFSTED March 2022) rated innovative provider of education and care, supporting young boys aged 10 – 19 with complex needs typically related to ASC and other diagnosed conditions including ADHD alongside those classified as having SEMH needs. All the students have an EHCP.
As one of the SEN Teachers; your role will be to provide high quality, challenging and differentiated educational activities and sensory experiences through the teaching of a broad and balanced curriculum to a small classroom of children with advanced SEMH needs, to enable them to achieve their full potential in all areas of learning.
To facilitate this, you’ll be expected to plan and deliver lessons following a broad range of the key stages curriculum that’s tailored to each student and assist with the day to day running of the school.
Additionally you’ll supervise and provide support and guidance to the Teaching Assistants and Higher Level Teaching Assistants and play a key role in their Professional Development Reviews.
Naturally, you will take responsibility for implementing school policies and practices, including those relating to safeguarding and equality of opportunity and will be expected to work in partnership with all school staff, parents, carers and other agencies in providing for the academic, spiritual, moral, social, emotional and cultural well-being of students and their families.
Like many SEN environments; your duties are likely to vary and therefore candidates will need to be flexible and be able to lend a hand whenever required.
Key Duties/Requirements of the Role:
- Undertake the duties of a teacher as specified by the Head Teacher
- To provide specialist support in general for children with special education needs, and specifically for children with SEMH needs as defined in their EHCPs
- To track and monitor pupil progress in all aspects
The successful candidate will have knowledge of
- Statutory curriculum requirements
- Requirements for assessment, recording and reporting of pupil’s attainment and progress
- The characteristics of high-quality teaching and the main strategies for securing and sustaining high standards of teaching, learning and achievement of all pupils
- The implications of legislation regarding Special Educational Needs for teaching, learning, Health and Safety, and safeguarding
Skills and Qualifications:
The successful candidate is likely to demonstrate
- Qualified Teacher status
- Thorough working knowledge of the curriculum, and how to adapt this for pupils with SEN
- Experience of working with young people with ASD and SEMH
- Understanding of the Safeguarding principles and Child Protection procedures
- Ability to create and maintain nurturing relationships with young people
- Experience of managing a range of approaches to learning, to include the students with anxiety and ASD/SEMH.
- Knowledge of strategies and visual teaching methods to engage reluctant learners important.
- A flexible approach and a high level creativity
If you are interested in this role please apply today!
“School Staffing Solutions act as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent roles and as an Employment Business for temporary opportunities”.