SEN Teaching Assistant
Location: Leyland, nr Preston, Lancashire
Salary: £11 – £12 p/hr (£19,654.80 – £21,441.60 actual salary)
Hours: 40 hours per week – Term Time Only
School Staffing Solutions is recruting on behalf of an independent day school in Lancashire providing specialist education for young people with Social, Emotional and Mental Health difficulties (SEMH).
The Teaching Assistants support the children with their learning and general wellbeing to ensure every child has the best opportunity to reach their full potential in a caring and safe environment. Where necessary this may include supporting with care needs from time to time as well as positive behaviour management adopting a tailored approach to the individual child.
What’s on offer?
- Full training and continued support
- Life assurance and pension
- Health cash back plan
- Car lease scheme
- Bike to work scheme
- Perk box – discounts off hundreds of high street retailers and restaurants
- Participate in the planning and evaluation of learning activities.
- Provide meaningful feedback on pupil attainment and progress.
- Support the teacher in monitoring, assessing, recording and reporting pupils’ progress according to the school’s policies in order to monitor and foster pupils’ progress in all areas of learning.
- Support positive behaviour and concentration levels of the children and adapt own behaviour and responses to any change or escalations in behaviour of the children.
- Promote spiritual, moral, social and cultural (SMSC) development and British values within the PSHE policy across the whole school.
- Promote pupils’ cognitive, social, emotional, behavioural, physical development and spiritual well-being through a whole Day Curriculum.
- Experience working with SEN in an employed or voluntary setting
- Full UK driving licence absolutely necessary, as you will be required to transport pupils to and from school and also engage in off-site enrichment activities which requires transportation
- Working towards Level 2 award in Support work in schools or an equivalent is desirable
- GCSE Maths and English Level 2/C or above qualification is essential.
- Understanding of the Safeguarding principles and Child Protection procedures.
- Knowledge or experience of pupils with SEN or SEMH/ASD
- Commitment to the role, the desire to put the child first and treat them as an individual
- Be positive and creative in meeting pupils’ needs
If you are interested in this role please apply today!
“School Staffing Solutions act as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent roles and as an Employment Business for temporary opportunities”.