Job Title: Transport Planner
Salary: £28,000 to £32,000 DOE
Hours: 4 on 4 off shift – 6am to 6pm
Location: Foston, Derby DE65
Contracted Hours: 48 hours per week
Major Recruitment are looking for a Transport Planner on a permanent basis for a leading logistics company that have been established since 1959. A pivotal role working within the General haulage team, this role will encompass the day-to-day operation of the business with a strong focus on ensuring efficient, cost effective, legal and profitable loads are planned and executed.
This role is ideal for a motivated and commercially astute individual which is keen to learn and grow with the business. Experience of working within a fast paced transport environment and the ability to deal with daily challenges is essential.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking for full time ongoing work with stability and progression opportunities.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Planning and issuing of work to drivers, updating drivers & systems as per requirements
- Re-planning of work in the event of driver absences
- Notifying drivers of changes
- Arrange driver paperwork accordingly
- Planning daily freight and vehicles with focus on profitability and customer KPI’s.
- Effective Planning and utilization of Drivers and sub-contract haulage for deliveries for all customer requirements.
- Dealing with queries by telephone and email from our customers, sub-contract haulers and warehousing sites.
- Ensure the transport systems are administered accurately and that the physical plan matches the digital plan.
- Identify and suggest improvements to benefit both the Company and our Customers.
- Identify new sources of customer freight pushing the boundaries of the fleet to assist in the departments growth.
- Keep empty mileage to a minimum.
- Subsidized employee canteen
- Smoking Areas
- Excellent Health and Safety/training
- Great place to work
- 30 days holiday per annum including bank Holidays
- Life assurance
- Healthcare cash plan
- Company sick pay
- On-site parking
- Good verbal and written communication
- Good time management
- Understand problems when they arise and liaise with relevant persons to solve
- Flexible to work in different areas of the department
- Good teamwork and communication skills
- A basic level of English and basic numeracy skills
- Attention to detail and a flexible attitude to tasks
- Strong IT skills including the use of transport systems
- Transport Management Systems (TMS)
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel)
- General haulage background
- Compliance knowledge especially drivers hours & WTD
Click apply today or call and ask to speak to Lauren at Major Recruitment on 01332 327237 for more information