- Location: Smallfield, Surrey
- Hourly Rate: £11.55 – £11.76 per hour
- Salary: Actual salary £20,637.54 – £21,201.06 dependant on experience and qualifications
- Hours: 40 hours per week, 8.00am-4.00pm, term time only.
- Own Transport desireable
School Staffing Solutions are recruiting for a receptionist to join a fantastic team on site at a Special Needs School. You will be responsible for reception and telephone duties, welcoming visitors, diary management, taking deliveries and supporting the administration team with day-to-day admin tasks.
The school in Smallfield, Surrey supports children aged 6-11 years with communication difficulties typically associated with Asperger’s Syndrome and Autism.
- To act as the first point of contact for all visitors to site, following safeguarding processes at all times including checking ID documents and correct signing in and out procedures.
- Answering telephone queries.
- Liaising with office suppliers.
- Gate control.
- Identifying the caller’s Requirements for internal and external queries, providing an appropriate response.
- Receiving, logging, passing on and if necessary, following up messages for colleagues in a timely and effective manner so that visitors are made to feel welcome and that colleagues can be notified about visitors.
- Copying, collating and distribution of documents, operating and completing basic support activity for a standard copying machine.
- Operating a computer to access databases and using word processing applications when required.
- Maintaining, updating, sorting and retrieving a range of records/statistical data, including monitoring/ordering of stationery and office supplies if appropriate.
- Accurate filing, indexing, retrieving and other related work.
- Prepare documents, reports and presentations as required.
- Typing and setting up documents such as letters and reports.
- Keeping computer records up to date, e.g. filing.
- Diary Management.
- Maintaining the condition of the reception area and arranging for necessary repairs via Maintenance team.
- Circulation of announcements as required.
- Assisting and liaising with the Referrals team, receiving and passing on of phone enquiries, organising assessment dates.
The team at the school are a family, they believe in working together to achieve the best for their co-workers and students alike. Naturally passionate educators, the whole team strive to exceed expectations at every opportunity.
- Good level of literacy and numeracy (at least 5 GCSEs above 4 (or equivalent) to include English and Maths – Preferred).
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Demonstrable experience of working in an administrative role.
- Computer literacy – Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint and ability to use range of databases once trained.
- Ability to manage own time to deal with multiple tasks.
- Discreet, confidential and reliable.
Be part of this successful team and also benefit from a generous package that includes:
- Life assurance and Pension
- Perkbox – offering high street discounts.
- Employee assistance programme
- Car lease scheme
- Fully funded training and qualifications
- Bike to work scheme.
- Free membership to our Health cash back plan – Claim back money on services such as dental, optical, physio and many more.
Apply today for this fantastic opportunity and you wont regret it!