Our client in the Middlewich area are looking for a Continental Electrical Engineer to join their team.
This is a permanent position.
Working hours are 4 on 4 off days 06.00am-18.00pm nights 18.00pm-06.00am (42 hours a week).
- Always demonstrate safe behaviour and conform to all safe systems of work
- Support a culture that enhances awareness to reduce accidents and near misses
- Carry out duties ensuring the site achieves and maintains required GMP standards
- Provide 24 hour/7-day cover to Jellies production department
- Attend machinery breakdowns & ensure that all measures taken are recorded on CMMS (Shire)
- Provide first line maintenance support to the manufacturing departments
- Line monitoring to improve efficiency
- Carry out planned/scheduled maintenance tasks & record work done or required on CMMS (Shire)
- Provide feedback for improving the planned maintenance system
- Record planned maintenance tasks & breakdowns on the CMMS (Shire)
- Order spare parts & liaise with Engineering Stores
- Liaise with contractors & issue permits (if trained)
- Assist with machinery installation and decommissioning
- Participate in electrical and mechanical proactive and re-active maintenance to the best of your capability
- Diagnose machine breakdowns and act accordingly
- To communicate and escalate accordingly when assistance is required
- Carry out routine equipment safety and maintenance inspections
- Ensure all work conforms to statutory & safety requirements
- Ensure that plant and equipment perform to manufacture product efficiently to high quality standards.
- To liaise, assist with training and support other departments in general running of the factory.
- Undertake the training of others as required for development and regulatory requirements
- Identify own training needs and with manager agree a time plan for achieving this.
- Contribute to and help implement continuous improvement, to enhance quality, safety, efficiency and waste reduction.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement teams as required
- Communicate daily with Team Leaders & Managers to ensure planned maintenance; engineering and production priorities are understood.
- To coach and train colleagues where required
- Cover for the Team leader if required
- To demonstrate the company values daily
- Be punctual & reliable
- Computer literate, able to use Microsoft Office & mobile device comfortably
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Highly motivated & a good work ethic
- Good fault finding & problem-solving skills
- Have an open learning mindset
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team under pressure
- Rational, logical detailed & uses a risk-based approach to decision making