£24,000 – £34,000 – depending on experience
Full Time (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm) – Permanent
Our client is currently recruiting for a very exciting position due to promotion within the team. They are looking for an ‘Estimator’. Sounds fancy but someone who loves attention to detail, a wiz on Excel, numerate with ability to learn quickly and loves liaising with different departments within a business.
This role is responsible for providing accurate and detailed estimates requested by the External and Internal Sales Team, to existing and potential customers. You will sit in a small team reporting into the Commercial Manager.
Our client is one of the largest global manufacturers, working with some of the worlds most recognised brands of food, drinks, household goods, personal care and pet products. With over 20,000 employees working in more than 120 locations worldwide, they strive to be environmentally responsible in their industry and in the communities that they work within.
These guys know their greatest and biggest asset is their people, therefore they have amazing internal training programmes in place designer to support your career development. This role will offer support, guidance and a clear progression plan for your career, making sure you get where you want to be!
- Receive pricing enquiries and process through several stages to completion
- Create quotations based on materials, processing time, set-up, transport costs etc. using the Company Estimating model
- To provide tender completion support as required
- Give customers realistic costs based on present capacity/material availability/transport/ and task times to manage customer expectations
- Work closely with the Sales team, Supply Chain team and Finance team to achieve best value for the Company
- Provide support to the Senior Estimator as directed by them as required
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment – FMCG
- Excellent communication skills is key!
- Analytical & Methodical and process driven
- Must be numerate with the ability to learn quickly and the flexibility to “go the extra mile” when required to complete a task
- Exhibit the desire to develop existing and new skills within the working environment
- Understanding of the need to follow procedures and the importance of so doing.
- Tenacity and exceptional attention to detail
- Computer literate in Microsoft Excel; Word and Outlook.
- Ability to work under pressures and to tight deadlines whilst managing a varied workload
- Skilled written and verbal communicator
- You must be reliable, able to effectively prioritise and adapt to a varied and changeable workload.
- Strong work ethic, with a positive, passionate attitude and ownership of tasks through to completion.
- Proactive and self-motivated with a drive to succeed.
Salary & Package:
- £24,000 – £34,000
- Flexible working – WFH days here and there
- 25 days holiday + 8 days statutory
- 4% standard company pension scheme
- Company benefits website distributed monthly with discount on a number of high street brands
- Social events – very big on everyone coming together
- Plenty of more brand new benefits currently in the pipeline for sign off!
Our client is looking to conduct a 1 stage interview process, week commencing 11th July, with the view for the right candidate to then start as soon as possible.
Please contact Zoe Bellenger on Zoebellenger@major-recruitment.com for a confidential chat.
Major Recruitment act as an Employment Agency for permanent roles and an Employment Business for temporary opportunities.