A Field Service Engineer with experience of servicing electronics or instrumentation systems is sought by a growing company in the Tyneside area
The role involves the service, repair and calibration of safety-critical instrumentation systems. Your main responsibilities will include the safe, correct, and efficient preventive and routine maintenance of equipment and machinery, fault diagnosis and repair, installation, testing and commissioning and the disassembling, inspection, cleaning, replacement and re-assembly of mechanical assemblies. You will also be responsible for completing risk assessments, reports, certificates and carry out machinery health checks. You will also liaise with customer about works, suggest (any) remedial actions and feedback and improvement suggestions to the technical team.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and personal qualities: –
- Electrical/electronic hands-on practical skills
- Mechanical hands-on practical skills – maintenance experience
- Appropriate engineering/electrical experience and training such as an apprenticeship
- Level 3 engineering or technical qualifications (e.g. ONC/NVQ L3/C&G L3)
- Full clean UK driving licence
- Ability to pass security clearance
- A Safety focused approach to service and maintenance activities
- Able to maintain composure under pressure and meet deadlines
- IT literate with email and MS suite such as Word and Excel
You will need a practical and proactive approach to time management and problem-solving, be able to travel and stay overnight away from home for up to 1 week at a time (2/3 nights is typical).
This is a field based permanent full-time position. You will spend 80% of your time travelling / on-site and 20% in the workshop. Travel is mainly UK based with occasional European travel and will rarely involve weekends
The package includes a basic salary up to £31000, paid overtime, fully expensed travel, full product training and a benefits package that increases with length of service
This role would ideally suit an experienced multi-skilled maintenance technician/engineer who enjoys travelling and variety in their work, as each day provides its own challenges.
If you would like more information on this exciting and varied role please call Adam Jones at Major Recruitment or click Apply Now to send your CV