Major Recruitment are looking for a Dispatch Coordinator for a client of ours based in Cramlington.
The Dispatch Coordinator will organise and keep records of outgoing shipments. You will be responsible for packing lists and ensuring correct items are shipped out to customers.
You will also support their customer service and delivery activities by coordinating shipping and receiving returns. There will have responsibility for day-to-day activities of the shipping and receiving team, Such as inventory control, methods, planning and international shipping documentation.
The Dispatch coordinator will also be responsible for coordinating any incoming shipments that require additional support. This role requires a high level of organization, time management, problem solving and attention to detail.
Whats in it for you?
- Temp to Perm opportunity
- Working for a large local employer
- Full Time Hours
- £12.50 per hour
- Day Shift Hours 8-4.30pm Mon-Thursday and 8-1.45pm Friday
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Receive, handle & dispatch the goods coming from external and internal customers, whilst maintaining up to date logistics & transportation logs and database
- Verify products packing complies with international transportation regulations (dimensions and labels)
- Ensure the Goods are delivered according to dispatch/delivery order, dispatched to the right customer.
- Organise and monitor internal & external shipment of product from the factory floor to customers.
- Be computer literate, especially on Excel
- Must have a Driving Licence with no more than 6 points
- Come from logistics background, Dealing with couriers such as TNT and DHL
- Experience dealing with international shipments, customs documentation, import/export regulations, and compliance with international shipping standards.
- Be physically fit as its an active role
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize workflow.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- This is a Full time position only so Students should not apply
If you require any more information on the role, please contact Paul @ Newcastle Branch on 0191 9338441. Otherwise please apply and submit your CV.
If you haven’t heard anything back within 3 days then consider yourself unsuccessful.
Major recruitment act as an Employment Agency for Permanent roles and an Employment Business for temporary opportunities.