Reporting to the Site Manager, as Site Engineer you will be an integral part of an on-site management team tasked with delivering a quality project, on budget, safely and on time.
- Supporting the Site Manager with daily operations as required.
- Acting as the main technical adviser on site for specialist subcontractors, concrete frame contractor
- Setting out, levelling and surveying the site; QA, temporary works checks, temporary works coordination.
- Checking plans, drawings and setting out coordination.
- Prior knowledge of calling off reinforcement from schedules and ability to read reinforcement drawings.
- Ensuring that all materials used, and work performed are as per specifications.
- Managing, monitoring and interpreting the construction design drawings supplied by the structural engineer, architect & MEP engineers.
- Liaising with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project.
- Day-to-day management of the site, including supervising and monitoring the site labour force and the work of any subcontractors.
- Planning the work and efficiently organising the plant and site facilities in order to meet agreed deadlines.
- Overseeing quality control and the implementation of the McAleer & Rushe “Think Smart” management of health & safety on site.
- Preparing reports as required for senior site manager & project manager.
- Proactive approach to resolving any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise and associated reporting to senior site manager and project manager.
- Any other duties as required by management.
Education / Experience:
- A Degree / HND in engineering or other relevant discipline
- A current valid CSR / CSCS Card
- A minimum of 3 years postgraduate experience
- Previous experience of setting out £3M+ structures
- Previous experience of calling off reinforcement and ability to read reinforcement drawings
- Operational knowledge of current Health & Safety regulations
- Excellent communication and planning skills
- Able to work effectively in a team environment
- Self-motivated with a drive to achieve results