Food Production Operative
Are you a trained Chef looking for a career change? Are you a butcher by trade and want to use your skills in a factory environment. Have you worked in food production for several years and are looking for a role that can offer you career progression?
We’re looking for enthusiastic and eager individuals to join our client as a Food Production Operative within their Abattoir team, based in Telford, Hortonwood.
If you are keen to apply yourself and demonstrate your skills within a friendly working environment, this role could be right for you.
The Working hours of a Food Production Operative are Monday to Friday, 42.5 hrs pw between 7.00am and 4.30pm.
As a Food Production Operative you will be responsible for the processing of cattle in accordance with individual training and licensing as applicable.
Reporting to the Boning Hall Manager, the successful candidate will have an opportunity to earn within 7 levels of butchering, starting from beginners (packing and basic knife skills) – to experienced specialist butchers.
The potential benefits for these roles vary depending on experience.
Duties of a Food Production Operative include:
- Dressing, Trimming and Cutting of the Carcass
- Ensuring all parts of the carcass are trimmed to produce optimum production yield
- Removal of waste according to company policy
- Preparation of animal carcasses
Skills required to be a Food Production Operative include;
- Previous experience working within a food manufacturing environment
- Have some basic knife skills
- Have a basic understanding of quality control and food safety
Desirable experience for a high-level Food Production Operative:
- Specialist knife skills for trimming or de-boning
- Experience of animal carcasses and de-boning and trimming techniques
Our client offers great benefits that help make this a great place to work, these include:
- Holiday Pay – 20 days + 8 bank holidays
- Exclusive Deal on Meat Sales
- Full PPE Supplied
- Free Access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering expert advice
- Refer a Friend Scheme
If you are interested, please click apply now and one of our recruitment specialists will be in touch.
Major Recruitment are an employment agency working on behalf of our client. Should you be seeking a new permanent position, temporary assignment, or contract you will find our staff professional and courteous and our interview process straight forward.