We are looking for a Design & Technical Engineer for our client in the Farnworth area, working hours are Monday to Thursday 7:30am till 4:00pm and Friday 7:30am till 12:50pm.
Purpose of Role:
A focused and professional individual reporting to the Technical & Design Manager, the engineer role will be responsible for designing and specifying products that meet the needs of our Customers. Providing key information to the production department; technical and costing support to the Sale’s Department, and working with colleagues across both the Manchester and global group business in following new product development processes will be core to the role.
- Provide technical & design engineering support to Sales.
- Calculate direct cost of manufactured products ready for quoting.
- Create manufacturing drawings in SolidWorks
- Update and produce manufacturing data, BOM’s & routes ready for production planning.
- Maintain records of drawings, documents & key paperwork.
- New product development and assisting these into production along with SOP’s.
- Aligning and following standard NPD processes across group businesses
- Identify potential suppliers of new parts & materials.
- Work closely with production engineering, quality & production to maximise efficiency.
- Undertake project work to drive continual improvement through the business
- Undertake other reasonable tasks as requested by the Senior Industrial Engineer & OP’s Manager
- Liaising with customers on new and existing products
PERSONAL SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Positive, outgoing and ‘can do’ attitude.
- Innovative and always looking to improve current processes
- Good communication skills, working closely with customers and potential customers
- Good Time Management & organisation skills
Essential knowledge and experience: (graduates will be considered)
- Good Computer Skills including MS Office
- Competent in Solid Works for producing 3D models & drawings
- 2 years’ experience working in a similar technical based role
- Experience of project work & managing multiple projects at one time
- Experience of working in a customer facing role
- Possess commercial acumen
- Ability to work to deadlines