£11.03 – £22.06 per hour (Including Overtime during the week days and weekends)
Houghton Le Spring
Temp to Perm
Major Recruitment is recruiting Production Operators in partnership with Lear, a global automotive technology leader in Seating and E-Systems, is Making every drive better™ by delivering intelligent in-vehicle experiences for customers around the world.
Lear’s diverse team of talented employees in 38 countries is driven by a commitment to innovation, operational excellence, and sustainability as we live our values to Be Inclusive, Be Inventive, and Get Results the Right Way.
Lear has over 100 years’ experience and has earned a reputation for excellence through building a future on innovation. They are a global automotive technology leader in Seating and E-Systems.
With a large order book and growing product base, they are looking to recruit candidates who are available to start immediately, in their modern factory facility
Overall purpose of a Production Operative:
Production Operators are required to carry out Seat Assembly work on a semi-automated production line using a variety of hand held tools such as air tools, spray guns and hog ring tools, in order to meet production targets in accordance with quality standards. Operators are required to work shifts. Full flexibility is required with regard to shifts and working times.
- Working as part of a team performing a number of operations in the assembly of automotive seats
- Achieve production targets
- Achieve quality standards
- Ensure a high level of housekeeping
- Take an active role in health and safety activities on site
- Actively work on continuous improvement activities with the team
This role will be working a two-shift pattern and you must be flexible to work all shifts and short notice overtime as and when required.
- Days – £11.03 – £22.06 per hour
- Lates – £12.79 – up to £18.31 per hour
- Days: 7.00am – 3:15pm or 6.45am – 3.00pm
Lates: 4.20pm – 00.35am or 4.35pm – 00.50am
Previous experience within a similar role is desirable however not essential as a thorough training plan is provided, you must have a strong work ethic and be willing to learn and implement a variety of new skills.
Why should you apply?:
- Competitive pay rates
- Competitive shift premiums
- Long term on-going training
- Permanent work opportunities (subject to a qualifying period)
- Summer and Winter factory shutdowns
- Subsidised onsite canteen
- Free tea and coffee provision
- Free onsite carpark
- Pool table in the canteen
- Free feminine hygiene products
- Lockers and storage facilities for personal belongings
- Regular Welfare and wellbeing days and events