Deputy Manager – Therapeutic EBD Children’s Residential Home – £28,000 – £36,000 Based in Maidstone Kent – (Flexi Working)
An empathetic and proactive Deputy Manager is sought to a assist in the smooth running of a children’s homes in the miadstone area , The provider is a well established children’s service with multiple OFSTED regulated locations under their banner. .
The ultimate responsibility of the position is to ensure excellent outcomes for the young people residing in the home which caters for Multiple Children with Emotional Behavioural needs whilst ensuring the highest standards of compliance in line with Ofsted regulation.
To support the home manager in undertaking the following responsibilities or in their absence to take on the management of the home and be directly responsible for these;
- To provide leadership and management of the home.
- To maintain an in-depth knowledge of The Children’s Homes Regulations and Quality Standards, the Children Act, other relevant legislation and guidance and company policy and procedure.
- To safeguard and promote the wellbeing of the resident young people.
- To manage the homes staff team.
- To manage a quality service aiming to achieve a ‘Good’ or ‘Outstanding’ Ofsted rating.
- To provide a therapeutic environment that promotes and supports children / young people’s recovery from their abusive and traumatic life experiences.
- To represent the home to outside agencies and ensure compliance with the statutory requirements imposed by them and requirements of commissioners.
- To work with the wider management team to contribute to the planning and development of the group and to provide management support to other areas of the service where required.
- To maintain occupancy levels that are both commensurate with the business needs of the service and needs of the young people placed.
- Enthusiastic, resilient and good with people.
- Ability to inspire, develop, grow and lead exceptional teams.
- Have good judgement about when to act to ensure the safety of others and to seek advice from others.
- Ability to apply and maintain appropriate professional boundaries, standards and values in practice.
- Self disciplined.
- Self awareness and ability to reflect on own practice and that of others.
- Child focused
- Motivation/ desire to improve the lives of children and young people.
- Psychologically minded- ability to look beyond behaviour and understand causes and meaning.
- Ability to accept guidance and direction from senior managers
- Level 3 Diploma Residential child care or equivalent. Essential.
- Level 5 Leadership and management in Residential Childcare, Desirable.
- Therapy or therapeutic care qualification – Desirable
For further information about the position and the organisation please apply today.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent