We are currently recruiting for a Picking Section Team Manager (to work Night shifts) for a recognised supplier of dairy, fruit, meat, poultry, store cupboard essentials, sundries and vegetables products.
Leading the daily operations within their Picking Department ensuring accurate and timely picking processes of all orders with maximum efficiency.
The role will also include providing coaching assistance to the picking team members while maintaining all company policies and procedures.
Understanding and confirming full compliance to all Safety and Technical standards is imperative for this role.
Creating a positive and motivated energy with the team and shift to drive excellent levels of accuracy and quality to ensure great customer service.
· Partnering to ensure all picking deadlines and priority cut-off times are met.
· Living our passion for Quality and Product presentation aligned with our High-End customers’ expectations.
· Reviewing daily pick errors with pickers.
· Ensuring all routes are picked to meet deadlines while maintaining first-in-first out concept.
· Identifying special instructions on pick tickets to comply with Chef Support and BDM’s request.
· Daily weekly
· Conducting timely research to locate product to prevent backorders.
· Helping to attract and retain qualified and motivated workforce, while fostering new ideas for improvements.
· Continuously develop direct reports by coaching them for excellence. Document progress and ensure colleagues are cross trained to provide adequate coverage in key processes.
· Assisting with the evaluation of employee performance, handle disciplinary issues and maintaining an environment of respect and accountability to promote a cooperative and harmonious working culture.
· Tracking and maintaining productivity standards and assessing colleagues, supplies, and equipment needs.
· Maintaining “Tour Ready” clean and safe work area and securing building/operations at end of shift.
Performing additional duties as assigned.
· Be proficient with MS Office (i.e. Word, Excel) and operational systems
· Be able to multi-task and perform excellent communication, supervisory and customer service skills.
· Must be able to identify problems and resolve in a timely manner; possess a sense of urgency and ability to prioritise tasks and resources appropriately.
· Promote an environment conducive to maximise employee morale, productivity, and effectiveness.
Metrics & Objectives:
· Hazard reporting (5 per each team member)
· Support Total Shift Team culture
· Prod Rate 101 (and rate for section)
· Picking Accuracy – 99.5% overall (and section)
· Achieve Overtime budget- volume dependant
· Deliver target IF element of OTIF (%TBC)
· Hit Trunk times. (1am Scotland)
· Manage absence levels XX%.
· Confirm walk away standards after every shift.
· Develop improvement and People plans for team (1-1’s min 6 months).
If you are interested in applying for this role please submit your CV using the “apply now” option below. If you have any questions please call us on 01254 920800.
Alternatively if you are interested in registering for future vacancies please complete the following registration form.