Are you passionate about encouraging young people to achieve their full potential?
If you’re a Senior Residential Support Worker looking for your next opportunity in a setting with great staff investment and considerable career progression opportunities, this could be the role for you!
As Senior Residential Support Worker, you’ll be working with Children and Young People aged 9-19 with Learning Disabilities and Emotional Behavioural Difficulties. The role of the Senior Residential Support Worker is to lead and inspire other Support Workers and team members across homes in Newcastle and the surrounding areas.
What you’ll be doing
- Advocating a positive environment for the children and young people
- Acting as shift lead, including responsibility for handovers and the coordination of both workers and young people
- Integrating new staff into their roles
- Promoting education and a healthy lifestyle; addressing any health needs
- Facilitating contact between the young person’s family, the professionals and the local community, to aid social, emotional and physical progression
Is this you?
- Experience within children’s residential support or similar.
- NVQ level 3 in residential childcare or equivalent.
- Passionate and motivated
- Adaptable, approachable and friendly manner.
- Able to work across several shifts including long days 7am -11pm. Some sleep shift shifts may be required.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive hourly salary of £12.50 – £13.00, depending on experience
- Shift allowances, sleep-ins and bonus
- Invest in staff through training programs, and Diploma qualifications.
- Career progression opportunities.
- Long service rewards scheme.
If this sounds like your next move, apply below. Alternatively, if you’re interested in hearing about other similar opportunities, get in contact with Major Healthcare at the Newcastle branch.
Major Recruitment act as an Employment Agency for permanent roles and an Employment Business for temporary opportunities