Are you an experienced HSE? Have a background working within food manufacturing? Looking for a role that will allow you to drive and implement Health & Safety?
As part of our clients ongoing growth plan, we are seeking a driven, motivated HSE Manager to join their Senior Management team on a full-time basis, based in Sunderland.
As a HSE Manager you will drive and implement a robust Health and Safety culture at all levels within a manufacturing, storage, transport, and office environment. You will provide compliance, advice, guidance and support on all Health, Safety and Environmental matters across the sites within the group, working to ensure that all the required systems are in place and adhered to.
Your key responsibilities as HSE Manager will include:
- To develop and lead the team in promoting, educating and ensuring compliance with Health, Safety and Environment across the company.
- Ensure all sites adhere to outlined HSE policy.
- Ensure the Directors and SLT are aware of all key HSE compliance changes.
- Develop and implement a strategy to improve safety and reduce the impact on the environment.
- Ensure that all Risk Assessments are completed and reviewed as per current legislation and maintain appropriate records.
- Coordination of fire and evacuation programme.
- Assist in the reviewing of the PUWER assessments.
- Support all transformational and CDM projects.
- Assist managers to complete all risk assessments and special assessments.
- Conduct and carry out internal compliance audits of all sites, reporting and developing a plan to address any issues arising.
- Implement practical and effective methods, both preventative and remedial, of promoting health and safety and safe working practices in the workplace.
- Select, develop and train the Health and Safety representatives across departments and shifts.
- Co-ordinate and manage first aid and fire safety representatives for all sites, including training and auditing.
- Review, recommend and implement control measures and advise on the standards of PPE.
- Review all accident and near-miss incidents and record all remedial actions.
- Report all incidents reportable under RIDDOR to the Directors.
- Conduct Health, Safety and Environmental inspections and prepare documents and reports as required.
- Identify areas where training / certification is required to meet the standards imposed by legislation, Codes of Practice or HSE guidance and arrange such training/certification as required.
- Work closely with the development team on all new projects.
- Review and implement contractor health and safety procedures.
- Keep up to date with changes in legislation and implement changes where relevant.
Key Skills & Qualifications HSE Manager
- Proven background and experience in a similar role.
- NEBOSH Level 3 qualification.
- Driving licence and use of vehicle – the position will involve travel throughout the UK.
- Possession of excellent communication skills.
- Must have good interpersonal skills to be able to get along with other workers within the organisation and have confidence to have a positive impact on the company.
- Good leadership qualities are necessary to succeed in this position.
- Able to prioritise and multi-task in the face of many responsibilities/duties.
- Must have excellent knowledge of computer applications.
- Possess a high level of problem-solving abilities at all times.
- Strong attention to details.
- Extensive experience in policy drafting/formulation and administration of safety policies.
Working predominantly Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm, however flexibility will be needed to meet business needs.
Salary Circa 60k dependent on qualifications and experience.
Major Recruitment act as an Employment Agency for permanent roles and an Employment Business for temporary opportunities.