Are you an experienced QA Technician? Have you got experience of working in a food manufacturing environment.
Our client a market leading food manufacture are looking to recruit a QA Technician to join their team based in Leeds.
The QA Technician needs to ensure that all products manufactured and packed at company meet the required food safety & quality standards and specifications. To ensure that work is carried out in a safe manner in compliance with the company’s Health and Safety Policy and Procedures and works safely with other employees.
Key Responsibilities of a QA Technician:
- Support the business objectives to product safe and legally compliant food.
- Support the site product assessment systems to ensure products made are of the required quality and meet customer agreed specifications.
- Conduct audits of the manufacturing facility with respect to GMP, hygiene, glass and other foreign bodies and compliance to procedures.
- Support the site product launch system by creation of accurate launch packs and production documentation.
- Support & co-ordination of customer complaints investigations to find root cause of complaints and support identification of preventative action as appropriate.
- Co-ordinate sending of samples for laboratory analysis according to site schedules & interpretation of incoming results, escalating where out of specification.
- Control of out of specification stock through raising of internal holds and holding/released stock via the business’s warehouse management system.
- Conduct swabbing activities according to site schedule and as support for production during free from production or site validation/verification activities.
- Review and approval of packaging deliveries against approved artwork files.
- Support the business during third party audits and traceability exercises through presentation of QA function auditors and/or document retrieval.
What’s in for you as a QA Technician?
- Salary £25,614.40 per annum
- Other benefits
- Working hours: Monday- Friday, rotating shift pattern: 4 weeks on day shift 6:00 am-2:30 pm, 1 week on nights 10:00 pm-06:30 am.
Skills required to be a QA Technician?
- Full understanding of a QA Technician requirements and relevant experience in role.
- Experience of working in a food manufacturing environment.
- Ability to make decisions.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ideally Food Safety and HACCP to level 3.
Major Recruitment are an employment agency working on behalf of our client. Should you be seeking a new permanent position, temporary assignment, or contract you will find our staff professional and courteous and our interview process straight forward.