We are currently recruiting for a Production Operative to work on machines and production lines blending products such as adhesives, coatings and binders.
Items are manually labelled and products dispensed by tap into tins, bottles or drums for stock and dispatch. If you work well in a small team and can carry out tasks quickly and accurately, this job could be for you.
In this job you will need to have patience, as the tasks can be repetitive. You will also need to work well in a small team and on your own. You will not usually need any qualifications to start work but it would be useful if you have experience of work in a paint manufacturing environment.
The manufacture of adhesive products is particularly hands on, so your work as an operative is likely to include:
* The blending of adhesive and binders.
* The accurate weighing of raw materials and finished goods.
* Labelling and dispensing completed batch production.
* The completion of internal documentation.
* Loading of completed goods and unloading of incoming goods.
* The handling and weighing of liquids and powders.
* Ensuring that both equipment and work areas are cleaned and maintained.
You would typically work a 5 day, 40 hour week consisting of a 9.00am start and 5.00pm finish (Monday to Friday). Overtime may be required during busy times.
Factories are usually noisy and can be hot or cool, depending on the time of year and products being manufactured. You would wear protective clothing.
The successful applicant will not need any qualifications to start work however it will be useful if you have previous experience of work in a manufacturing environment, specifically on mixing or blending.
It would be beneficial to hold a valid UK driving licence and have access to your own transport as the company will be relocating to RedScar Industrial Estate in Preston
Skills, interests and qualities
To be a Production Operative you should have:
* Good observational skills and ability to work with accurate measurements.
* Patience to carry out repetitive tasks.
* The ability to work quickly to meet production targets.
* Good team working skills and the ability to work on your own.
* The ability to follow strict health and safety guidelines and quality procedures.
* Good standards of personal hygiene and a considerate attitude.
* A willingness to work flexibly.
Apply now with your up to date CV or call Major Recruitment Blackburn office on 01254 920800. You can also register in advance for future vacancies by completing the following registration form.