We are currently recruiting for a Instrumentation and Controls Technician based in Peterborough. This job is fully on site work, with the working hours-
Monday- Thursday 8am-4pm
The team’s primary responsibility is the calibration and maintenance of the test facility measurement and control systems to ensures quality data output is maintained and to assist engine development and verification. The team is additionally responsible for the upgrade and commissioning of the multi-million-pound engine test facility, which has world-class performance, emissions, and mechanical validation capabilities.
Team members interact with the wider Test Facilities Engineering team as well as other departments within GED and the wider Industrial Power Systems Division.
The ideal candidate needs the knowledge, base skills, and experience to be able to calibrate, repair and maintain the electronic control systems, instrumentation, and electrical plant within the GED facility to the high standard required to keep the company at the forefront of today’s technology. This also includes the ability to maintain records, read and interpret technical drawings and work with engineers, contractors, and colleagues to design, install, commission, and maintain new, refurbished, and modified equipment.
Operating in a fast paced and professional technical environment, this role will provide an interesting variety of responsibilities and activities, with the opportunity to work both as part of a wider team and independently utilising initiative.
- Practical, hands-on responsibility for maintaining and deploying measurement equipment
- Carrying out calibrations of our test facility to recognised standards
- Conducting diagnostic investigations
- Equipment evaluation and collation/distribution of findings
- Total Preventative Maintenance (TPM) and calibration of engine test facility
- Modifications to facility plant/test rigs and equipment
- Evaluating new / future products and processes in the electronic and calibration discipline
- Provide first line breakdown cover which could include shift work
- Must be able to adapt to a fast-paced working environment
- Strong team working skills to assist engineers in technical investigations and processes
- Strong Customer focus
- Must be self-motivated and possess the ability to use own initiative
- Strong attention to detail and focus on quality
- High work standards
- A focus on Safety must always remain a priority
Skills & Experience Required:
- Either qualified through a technical apprenticeship with electrical/electronic bias or equivalent extensive industry experience within the electronics/electrical field.
- Experience in Calibration and fault finding of instrumentation
- Emphasis on initiative and self-starting tasks
- The ability to follow written work instructions and document progress
- Ability to read and interpret, electronic design schematics, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical drawings.
- Experience of working to health and safety standards/regulations
- Multi-skilled in both Electrical and Electronics disciplines
- Understanding / experience of working in engine test cell environment
- Understanding / experience of Root Cause Analysis techniques and permanent corrective actions.
- ISO7671:2017 IEE 18th Electrical Regulations
- Competent in Microsoft Office Suite
- HNC or equivalent in an engineering discipline
If interested in this job role give Recruit Central or click “Apply now”