Major Recruitment are looking for Caretaker to join our busy client based in Oldham.
We are looking for Customer focused Caretaker to provide excellent customer service with a friendly, positive and professional attitude at all times. Main aim of the client is to ensure the equal opportunities are promoted and developed in all areas, right candidate will be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children, young persons and/or vulnerable adults for whom will be providing guidance and support.
– Opening and securing the site: locking and unlocking premises and setting alarms where necessary
– Helping with Customer queries, being responsive and flexible in helping organisation to achieve its aims
– Proactively noticing any issues and resolving them straight away or reporting appropriately
– Ensuring all furniture is moved and rooms are prepared as required for next day, including (but not limited to) carrying out minor repairs, cleaning light fittings, replacing lamps where necessary, general maintaining of facilities
– Working closely with cleaners to ensure all spillages, water machines and bins are dealt with promptly, ensuring all litter is picked up
– To be visible and active across all the facilities
– To help in the event of fire and respond to alarms appropriately including help with the evacuation
– Using the radio system to communicate with the facilities team, safety engagement and during emergency situations
– Monday – Friday
– Monday 13:00 – 22:00, Tuesday 13:00 – 22:00, Wed 13:00 – 19:30, Thu 13:00 – 22:00, Fri 12:00 – 18:30
– 40 mins lunch break
– Essential: Valid DBS check
– Desirable: previous experience of Facilities, Caretaking or Security work
– Desirable: certificate of First Aid at Work qualification, certificate of Fire Marshall qualification
– Understanding of the significance of following Health and Safety procedures
– Ability to work at heights, in confined spaces and do heavy lifting
– Ability to work well under pressure
– Flexible, adaptable and customer friendly approach
– Proactive with good organisational skills
Please only apply if you have a valid DBS check – this is a compulsory requirement, we will not consider candidates without it.
If you are interested please apply now, for more information contact our branch on 0161 669 5779.