You will ensure that plant and equipment is maintained in a timely and efficient manner, establishing priorities and directing/co-ordinating all engineering activities on site, whilst maintaining a constant focus on health, safety, and employee welfare. This includes any external contractor activities carried out on site, purchasing and stock management, as well as working closely with other stakeholders.
You will lead and direct the team who respond to production breakdowns, carry out planned preventative maintenance, prioritise fault finding and carry out general repairs. You will support business growth and change through strong project management, development of continuous improvement and lean ways of working, and demonstrate control of financial budgets and suppliers.
- Working closely with processing and production to improve production flow, throughput, and productivity on a variety of products and manufacturing processes.
- Liaising with engineering suppliers to ensure timely and cost-efficient solutions to procurement, spares holding and service contract support.
- Managing projects including the installation and commissioning of new production lines and manufacturing equipment/ancillaries.
- Providing expertise, guidance and practical support in the specification, trialing, and introduction of new products into Manufacturing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience of a high care, ready-to-eat food manufacturing environment
- HACCP, Auditing or Food Safety qualification
- Experience of managing a team and supporting and developing direct reports.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate and communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Self-organised approach and the ability to plan a workload.
- Resilient with a strong work ethic
- Flexible approach and willing to adapt ways of working to support team requirements.
- Ability to manage and motivate an engineering team.
- Good standard of spoken and written English
- Ability to work well under pressure and proactively seek win/win solutions.
- Implemented and operated a planned maintenance system (software based)
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an engineering management role
- Educated to degree level in Science or Engineering in a relevant subject (Mechanical/Electrical/Manufacturing)
- Trained and qualified in multiple engineering disciplines (Electrical, Mechanical, Plant)
- Experienced in working within BRC accredited Food Factories.
- Ability to work at pace and manage complexity and be a hands-on problem solver.