Shift: Monday to Friday
Working on behalf of our clients, BPSS are looking for a QA Technician. This function will ensure the maintenance and improvement of all site required Quality and Food Safety standards, legalities and procedures from raw materials to finished goods.
- Support the business objectives to product safe and legally compliant food
- Support the site product assessment systems to ensure products made are of the required quality and meet customer agreed specifications
- Conduct audits of the manufacturing facility with respect to GMP, hygiene, glass and other foreign bodies and compliance to procedures
- Support the site product launch system by creation of accurate launch packs and production documentation
- Support & co-ordination of customer complaints investigations to find root cause of complaints and support identification of preventative action as appropriate
- Co-ordinate sending of samples for laboratory analysis according to site schedules & interpretation of incoming results, escalating where out of specification
- Control of out of specification stock through raising of internal holds and holding/released stock via the business’s warehouse management system
- Conduct swabbing activities according to site schedule and as support for production during free from production or site validation/verification activities
- Review and approval of packaging deliveries against approved artwork files
- Support the business during third party audits and traceability exercises through presentation of QA function auditors and/or document retrieval.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Basic Food Hygiene – essential.
- Knowledge of the workings of the factory and factory systems/procedures – preferable.
- HACCP Level 2, Intermediate Food Hygiene and Internal Auditor trained – preferable.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft packages such as excel and word
- Strong organisation and prioritisation skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills across all levels and functions.
- Able to demonstrate a strong attention to detail.
- Team player with the ability to build strong relationships across all functions/departments.
- Proactive and flexible with a positive attitude and able to work on own initiative.
BPSS acts a recruitment agency for this role.